Friday, May 25, 2012

Life Lessons for my Sons

I'm older than they are, and while I'm not sure I'm wiser, I'm fairly sure that I have more experience in life. So, with that in mind, and with an eye on something that can be updated from time to time, some life lessons for my sons.


  1. It's ok to cry if what happened is sad. Really, I can see the hold back tears if you're just annoyed, but a real man is not ashamed to cry.
  2. If you do something that people tell you not to, like for instance play with the shower handle, don't be annoyed that when said shower sprays you down said people just laugh at you.
  3. Don't be afraid to try new foods, within reason. Peanut butter and pickles? Awesome combination. Trying to cram all of your breakfast into your mouth in one go? Not so good.
  4. Real men ain't afraid to ask help from their mommies when the going gets tough and that t-shirt just will NOT flip right-side out.
  5. Never hesitate to give your brother the headbutt of love. He might appreciate a hug more though and he'd really like it if you waited until he was awake to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment